Saturday, October 16, 2010

Quotes on forgiveness

The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naïve forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget. –Thomas S. Szasz

With Christ’s prayer of forgiveness from the cross the universal religion of revenge is overcome and the universal law of retaliation is annulled. –Jűrgen Moltmann

Forgiveness is the economy of the heart…Forgiveness saves expense of anger, the cost of hatred, and waste of spirits. –Hannah More

Forgiveness is choosing to love. It is the first skill of self-giving love. –Mohandas K. Gandhi

The idea is to rescue myself from the role of a victim. That I have a choice left. Though I can’t change what has happened, I can choose how to react. And I don’t want to spend the rest of my life being bitter and locked up. –Tori Amos

 

No comments: