Monday, October 28, 2013

Creative Challenge 275: Rare



According to the Guinness World Records: The largest chess set board measures 5.89 m (19 ft 4 in) on each side. The king is 119 cm (47 in) tall and is 37.4 cm (1 ft 2 in) wide at the base. The set was made by the Medicine Hat Chess Club (Canada) and was presented and measured in Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada, on 27 May 2009.
    The Guidelines have been updated and are now requiring the chess pieces to be bigger as well as the chess board. Be sure to check out the other entries here

11 comments:

Tim .. Another MP Refugee said...

Learned to play chess about 60 years ago. Forgot how abut 59 1/2 years ago.

Dim Lamp said...

Never too old to forget that you forgot and remember and play again. ;-)

Danette said...

A rare set indeed! Great interpretation of rare!

MitchyLR said...

That's a big set!!

I can imagine someone at the doctor's:

Doctor: "How did you put your back out?"

Patient: "I was playing chess!!"

tesstruhartz said...

Now that is a rarity I know my grandson that loves chess would love trying this one.

Dim Lamp said...

Thanks for your comments all, yes MitchyLR, that would be quite a conversation! :-)

Anonymous said...

truly fascinating!!
perfect for the theme

Pat Gerber-Relf said...

Interesting. I taught myself to play chess, but it is not really a game that I enjoy.

Dim Lamp said...

When one really gets absorbed in a game it can lead some to escape the realities around them, and actually be relaxing, while for others it can become quite stressful, especially for those folks who are competitive and always like to win.

Belita Isabel Janeira said...

I have never played chess but I admire the brains of its players. Very nice shot of that huge chess set. In July, I saw a big one in Slovakia, but not that big...

Dim Lamp said...

It can be a challenging game alright, however it can also be fun, even relaxing once you get the hang of it.